Tuesday, April 08, 2008

The Boring Couple

We really haven't been doing anything too exciting lately. I guess we have fallen into the boring couple mode. Friday night Brenda came over and we had a few drinks and made a fire out back of the house in the chiminea.


Saturday night we met Jeff and Kerry at AL's Red Frog. Crazy Mark (one of Jeff's old friends) was there too with his latest girl friend. Crazy Mark has a new girl about every year or so. He likes his girls a little on the trashy side, if you know what I mean. Jeff introduced me to him about five years ago when he was still married to Wendy. The marriage was on the downhill slide at that time. Wendy is really something to say the least. About two minutes after meeting her she told me, "Mark doesn't f**k me anymore!" I was like...oh, that's nice to know.


Jeff has had this idea for a while that he wanted to go to bingo sometime for a laugh. I'm always game to try something new. Have you ever seen the Roseanne show when she is addicted to bingo? It is really scary to find out that the people at bingo are not an exaggeration! I have never seen so many dabbers (dobbers?) in my life. People have like twenty of them in front of them. I'm not sure why. Are the afraid they might run out of ink? Maybe they have a different color for each game? What ever it is, it's strange. The fashion statement for bingo is a pair of sweats and a baggy T shirt. And people take bingo very seriously too. We were told to be quiet a couple of times. One lady yelled out to everyone, " shut up, it's hard to concentrate!" I really didn't feel that it was that hard to play and talk, but I guess it is. It was fun though. I do think all that smoke shortened my life a bit. I wonder if they will be subject to the smoking ban that just passed?

I found this new blog today. It's like a Who's Who of crime in Cedar Rapids. The lady that has it must live in the few block area that a lot of crap happens . About four or five blocks away from us. Nothing has happened to us. I don't feel like I'm afraid of the area. Daryl doesn't read this blog and I'm NOT going to tell him about the crime blog. It would just freak him out! He told me last night that I left the back door unlocked two nights in a row. I was like Dick Cheney, So? I just forgot and I didn't think it was a big deal. I just figure if someone is going to break in, they will probably do it when we're not home. What do you think?

2 Comments:

Blogger My adventures said...

If you'd ever been robbed, you would not have that reasoning! Ha! I'm so OCD about it, I get up and check it twice usually before I can sleep, I was robbed once, while I was sleeping no less. NEVER AGAIN will I leave the door unlocked.

10:20 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

I guess if it had happened to me I would think that way too. I had my checkbook stolen once and now I keep an eye on that a lot better.

3:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home