Saturday, September 08, 2007

Please take note:

Dear people of Cedar Rapids,

If you insist on driving on Northwest on 19th Street and turning right on to first Ave SE, please take note:

1) When turning right you enter a turning lane that is clearly marked ONLY with an arrow pointing to your right. That means that lane is for turning right on to First Avenue.

2) There is NO... let me repeat this, NO stop sign or yield sign of any kind! Stop coming to a complete stop!

3) First Avenue has 3 lanes of traffic for 2 blocks from 19th street to Cottage Grove Ave. This gives you plenty of time to merge over to the other lane if you so desire. There is solid white line in fact to let you know that you shouldn't merge over at the point you first turn into the lane.

4) If you insist on stopping in the turning lane and backing up traffic, I have no choice but to act like prick and lay down on my horn until you start moving! It is not something I normally do, but you people are really starting to piss me off!

5) I encourage all pedestrian to point at you and make you feel like an idiot should feel.


Thank you for letting me vent. Having someone do this every day is really wearing me down.

Driving Directions from [200-299] 19th St Se, Cedar Rapids, IA to 1920 1st Ave Ne, Cedar Rapids, IA

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott in Iowa said...

I've been that prick honking at stupid people at that very spot.
Tom, I feel your pain.

8:30 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

I think they need to put green arrow there for the people that can't figure it out. Yesterday, on my way home someone was stopped there and five cars were backed up behind them. I would have been honking!

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home