Sunday, February 24, 2008

Dreaming Of Remodeling

I love the Drake lighting fixture from Rejuvenation. I wish we had a place for it. On their web site, they have a section on customer idea and advice that you can go to, and watch videos and see photos that people have sent in about what they have done with some of the lighting fixtures and house parts. I would love to remodel our bathroom and turn it back to the style that the house had 93 years ago. The claw foot tub would be awesome!

Our house was built in 1915 and has the Arts and Crafts elements. I fell in love with the woodwork when I looked at the house. The fireplace and built in buffet and cabinets made my heart flutter. I overlooked the amount of work it takes to keep an old house together. We spend money every year to maintain and fix problems. Most of the major things we have done are on the exterior of the house. We put in fencing, a retaining wall, and patio and painted the house and garage. We have done some things on the inside like painting and refinishing the hardwood floors, but the major remodeling hasn’t been done. The kitchen and bathroom need to be remodeled. They are livable and will probably stay the way they are for a while.

We sometimes bat around the idea of finding something different, that doesn’t require as much work. The longer we stay in the house the more comfortable I get living here. I’m fairly sure that we will stay here until we retire and then hopefully move to a milder climate. For the time being we will continue to improve and do what we can afford.







"Welcome to my house! Enter freely, Go safely, and leave something of the happiness you bring." - Count Dracula
I would like to have that stenciled on the wall in our entry way. I think it would be a hoot!

3 Comments:

Blogger My adventures said...

great built ins!!! you can go to "well said interior lettering" to get that stencil... and it's pretty cheap!!

5:49 AM  
Blogger My adventures said...

actually, you can go to wellsaid.net or just google the other...

5:50 AM  
Blogger Tom said...

Thanks David! I'll check that out.

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home