Saturday, April 12, 2008

Doing What You Love


IPTV is running the show Baking with Julia again. I just love Julia Child. She was such an interesting character. This morning her guests were Naomi Duguid and Jeffrey Alford. They made wheat flour dough pita bread and eastern Mediterranean lamb and tomato bread. I like to bake bread when I have the time. Actually, I have the time this morning if I wanted to do it. I'm just feeling a little lazy. Pita bread looks like it may be fun to try. Cooking and baking are relaxing to me. I guess that's because I don't have to do it every day. If I had to, I probably wouldn't enjoy it as much. My mother always thought that I would be a chef. As a kid I was always baking something. I did enjoy doing it, but most of it was because I was hungry all the time and it was just fun to make something to eat. I sometimes think about going to cooking school. At times I wish I would have done that or anything else that would have given me more mobility with my work. I hate the fact that I'm stuck in one place. It's almost like I have to wait for retirement from my job so I can begin something new. And when that happens, I'm afraid that I will be to old to do it! I would be nice work at something you love everyday. I wonder how many people can say they truly love their jobs and they wouldn't want to do anything else? Julia Child when asked what she thought contributed to her success, said that she new her business and she loved what she did. I wish I could say that.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hi tom, i have to say that i do love my job and what i do there as a whole. thats one thing about a coffee shop though, you dont have many crabby people...anyway,i also agree about cooking and baking, its my therapy and stress reliever. i love having friends over to cook for. theres nothing better than taking out the days frustrations over a big glob of bread dough!!! no bread machines here. the one im making about every other day now is light oat bread, from all recipes.com. try it!!! fast and easy!

7:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home