Friday, December 08, 2006

wine tasting at Benz

We met a few friends last night at Benz for their Hearty Reds & Champagnes tasting event. We sampled wines from several different regions (Spain, France, Italy, California,Argentina, New York, Australia) of the world. The prices ranged from $9.99 to $40.99 a bottle.

This was only my second wine tasting and my first time at Benz, so I'm no expert by any means at all. I just have a couple of little complaints. For the amount of people they had, they should have put out a little larger sample of food items. I was the last person to sample the Whitehall Lane Napa Valley Cabernet 2003, CA that evening. With several people standing around they said that they would not open another bottle as it was $40.99. I thought that was very rude! I think if your offering samples you should have enough for everyone to try it no matter how much the cost.

I was very impressed by the wide selection of wines, liquor and specialty food items they have. It is really a nice place to shop and I will be going often I think. I'm sure we will attend another wine tasting event again. We did have a very good time sampling and meeting new people.

After we went to Gringos for some food and another drink. I had the seafood enchilata dinner as I usually do. Very good eats!

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott in Iowa said...

First Avenue Wine House would never refuse to open a new wine for you during one of their tastings. That's still my fav place to shop for wine and cheese. However...Tom, what's up with holding out on us about other wine tastings in town??? We didn't know about Benz! ...Some friend! ;-)

12:38 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

Yes, I agree with you on that. I think most places would have opened another bottle. We just found out about Benz too. I'm not sure how long they have been around. I'll give you a buzz the next time we go to an event. That is if your not to busy blogging! :)

8:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home