Monday, April 23, 2007

Personal Save The Earth Program

Today was the first day of my personal save the planet program. My goal is to walk, bike ride or take the bus to work. This morning I walked the 45 minute route to work.

Last year we updated all our major appliances. We replaced the refrigerator, stove, dishwasher and clothes washer and dryer. I really haven't noticed that much savings in the bills. An old house like ours needs everything. We need to replace the windows, insulate more and eventually update the furnace and central air units. I would like to check into getting a tank less water heater also. The list never ends. Saving the planet is expensive!

2 Comments:

Blogger Darth Gateau said...

don't forget your energy saving lightbulbs and pop a brick in your toilet tank to reduce the amount of water in every flush.
It's expensive - you're right, but if we don't pay now, we'll all pay the ultimate price later.
Keep up the good work!

5:13 AM  
Blogger Tom said...

Thanks darth! We have replaced a few light bulbs aready, but not nearly enought. I forgot about the brick in the toilet tank. I would like to get one of high power flushers they have in the Vegas hotels. It's some kind of compressed air tank thing. For now the brick will have to do.

9:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home