Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Spring Snow Storm

Today is a good day to be at work with the snow flying around outside. Doesn't seem like spring anymore.

This Friday I leave with my friend Jeff for St. Louis. He is running in a 1/2 marathon on Sunday. He had everything booked and asked me if I wanted to tag along. We decided to catch the baseball game on Friday night, but with this snow I'm not so sure that was a good idea. Saturday morning we had planned to attend the farmers market and then see the zoo. Jeff use to live in St. Louis so he knows his way around pretty well. I have never spent any time there and thought it would be fun to go along and see a little bit of the city. This is the second trip this year for us two of us. Jeff's other half was sick in February so I went with Jeff to see The Phantom of the Opera in Des Moines with him. It's fun to get away with a friend every once in a while.

My boss asked us today to have our request for vacation dates turned in by Monday of next week. Daryl and I are planning a trip to Chicago in June. I wanted to see The True Colors Tour, but it just isn't going to happen. I think we are going to be in Chicago the following week. We may head up to Door County a few days before going to Chicago. I'm checking into a bike ride that happens on the 15th of June. Everything is still up in the air right now. I am looking forward to summer and having some time off from work. I always use up all my vacation. I think a person is crazy if they don't!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home