Monday, November 19, 2007

Flu memories


My left arm is still hurting from the flu shot I got on Friday after work. The shot itself I hardly felt at all. I wonder why it feels like someone has punched you in the arm? I have been getting the flu shot on a regular bases the last few years. The thing is, it's so convenient to get, because it's provided free by our health care plan and they come right to work and give it to us. If it saves me from getting the flu, it's well worth it in my book.
It's been many years since I had the flu and I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I felt like I was going to die the last time I had it. I remember being up all day and night trying to get enough air to breathe. I was living by myself in a one room apartment in Manchester, Iowa. I had sold my first home and wasn't ready to buy another one yet. At that time you had to reinvest your capital gains into another home or pay taxes on it. I think I had a year to do it, but at that time I hadn't found anything yet and was living in an unfinished apartment. I basically had a mattress to sleep on for furniture and that was it. I had everything else in storage. What a depressing place it was. I guess if you have to get the flu, you might as well have it in a dark lonely apartment as anywhere else. I was so happy when I moved out of that place into a bright clean home. I hadn't thought about that place in a long time. I guess the memory of the place will always be tied to the flu.
I hope my arm is feeling better tomorrow. I hope I'm not getting the flu!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home