Thursday, November 06, 2008

We Did and We Can

We are progressing. It is a wonderful feeling being on the winning side of an election and having a candidate that I am not only emotionally, but also for the first time financially invested in. I am one of Obama’s small first time donors. Barack Obama had my vote a couple of days before the Iowa caucus. Seeing him and listening to a message that I have believed in all my life. The idea that this country has the ability to change and move towards a more perfect union.

It is a bitter sweet victory as a gay American witnessing on the same day the anti-gay marriage and adoption measures pass in a number of states. I am hopeful that this idea that we are some kind of threat to societies moral values will change someday too. I believe it will. I believe we can!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home