Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Back to work, More 2008 Flood Pictures

It was hard to return to work after having a four day weekend. It was really nice just relaxing around the house. Really, I couldn’t do much with all the roads blocked and the traffic. I thought it best to just stay out of the way of the people that really needed to get around the city.

It is impossible not to be affected by the flood even when your house and job have been spared the waters. I was happy to see that Rockwell is reducing the water usage as some of the businesses around town. They shut off all the sinks and have put large bottles of hand cleaner for us to use. They even shut off the urinals. Rockwell also announced that they would donate 2 million dollars to the flood relief. They are in the process of getting some kind of program together to allow us to help with some of the clean up that will be needed when the waters go down. I’m hoping that I can help with that.

The number of people from work that I know with flood damage keeps growing. I contacted some of them today to let them know that we are there if they need some help. None of them have been able to get into their homes yet. Daryl is going with a friend of his tomorrow to help with what he can, that is, if she is allowed into her house. It’s just so sad, some of the homes have so much damage that people won’t be allowed to enter the homes.

Someone sent me this link today and I thought I would pass it on. The pictures of the downtown area really show the extent of the flooding.

Andrea Lynn Photography

2 Comments:

Blogger My adventures said...

great pics! how are you guys?

12:10 PM  
Blogger Scott in Iowa said...

Knock, knock, knock...is this thing working? Where are you?

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home