Saturday, May 17, 2008

Busy Spring

At last we are getting some nice weather! I love spring. It makes me so happy to see all the plants popping up again.

This has been a busy May, so far. It started out with our union contract being ratified. I get a 4% raise each year for the next five years. The company added a 3% matching funds to our 401k savings plan and our company paid pension plan has stayed the same. Our medical premiums have gone up a bit as expected, but our coverage and deductibles have stayed the same for the next five years. I will find out next week if I get an upgrade in my pay. It would be $1.30 more per hour on top of my 4%. Keep your fingers crossed.

Daryl has been busy too. He has started a part time job being a PartyLite consultant. I was a little skeptical of the whole idea at first. He seems to be doing pretty well and he said he is really enjoying himself. He has had a couple of parties. He earned a couple hundred dollars for each party, so he feels it worth it. If anyone is interested in having a party, give him a call. The PartyLite candles seem to be pretty good quality and they burn for a long time. I think he said they have oil and wax in them. I do like most of the stuff they have. Here is some of his inventory.



Daryl also scored us a free hot tub! Someone at work had a soft side tub that they didn’t want. It’s a few years old, but is in pretty good shape. I was worried it would take up to much space on the patio. It seems fit in pretty well in the corner.

4 Comments:

Blogger Scott in Iowa said...

I loved having a hot tub in our last house. Andrew hated the maintenance so it was sold with the house. The best time to sit in it is on a snowy winter night sipping a coffee with Bailey's Irish Cream!

7:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh, i love partylite, and id come to a party sometime. and hot tubs??? i cant even tell ya how much fun THEY are!

10:00 AM  
Blogger My adventures said...

saw all the flooding, i hope you guys are ok!!

7:43 AM  
Blogger Tom said...

Thanks David for concern. Yes, we are high and dry. It is really just unbelievable. They said that 20% of the city is underwater. 25,000 people evacuated. It’s going to be a very long time before things are back to normal.

5:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home