Thursday, October 19, 2006

I'm glad they didn't get married


We had to endure the big break up of Mac and Jake. What a pair of drama queens! This was not a surprise to Ethan and I. Mac has been a friend of Ethan for a long time, he use to live with him when we first met. Since then Mac has been a traveling gay, changing jobs, men and location about every year. It's confusing trying to keep track, so I never really get to involved trying to figure out what he's doing. This last adventure moved him back to Cedar Rapids and that's how we met Jake. Ethan believed from the beginning that Jake was Mac's ticket to get him back to CR. It was no surprise that they broke-up the day Mac got his first pay check. Mac has moved in with someone already and (surprise) he is dating this new guy. I told Ethan that I don't want to meet this new guy for a couple of weeks, as they may not be together by then.

I'm glad to hear that the New Jersey Supreme Court has ruled that we have the same rights under the law. I personally don't care if it is called marriage or not. I believe that the government should have never issued licenses in the first place to anyone, as it is a religious ceremony. Since they have opened the gates and accept peoples money, they shouldn't discriminate against any group of people. Hopefully the rest of the country will realize that also and stop discrimination in every form.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home