Sunday, December 10, 2006

mom's clean for 15

Should you drink at a sobriety party? Obviously the person who gave up drinking shouldn't, but should the invited guest?

Daryl's mother has given up the drink for fifteen years now. She invited us all over to celebrate by providing a chicken dinner with the fix-in's. It's not like they had a kegger and open bar or anything like that, everyone had a couple of drinks. I just thought it was kind of strange. I didn't really expect it. His mother's attitude is that she gave up drinking, everyone else doesn't have to.

I am extremely proud of her! I know it was very important for her to mark this day in her life. Daryl found a card that said, " Time to celebrate you own personal holiday!" I think that sums up how she felt....and how we feel.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott in Iowa said...

I really am impressed and respect her attitude about it. I guess that goes to show that she certainly has made the decision to give it up and is doing very well if others drinking around her doesn't bother her! High five to "Mom"!!

9:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home