Thursday, January 11, 2007

Not worth the money

I was really disappointed with Jesus Christ Superstar last night. First of all, I think Ted Neely is way geriatric to play the part of Jesus. I heard he is 63, the way he was moving on stage I would believe it. His voice seemed to crack and I’m not even sure he was really singing in the second act, as it was a lot better sounding than the first half. I am impressed that he still has absolutely no body fat at all for an old guy. We were joking during the intermission as to whether he would be wearing a tee shirt up on the cross.

The acoustics were really bad. I have been to other events at the at the Paramount, but never a musical. The sound always has been fine, my only conclusion is that they didn’t have things worked out right. If I didn’t know all the songs, I wouldn’t have been able to understand them.

The woman that played Mary Magdalene had a very nice voice. She was a little rotund. Maybe in this version of the story she might have been whoring for food?

I'm glad I got to see the play as I really do enjoy the music. It was NOT worth the $45 for the ticket for this show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home