Monday, January 29, 2007

A Warhol Weekend


My result from the first week on weight watchers is only 1 pound. I'm not upset about it as I kind of went off the plan for four days out of the seven. This week is a new start. I can stick to it very easily during the week, the weekend will be the most difficult for me.

This past weekend went way to fast. I could have worked Saturday, but decided since I’m working so much during the week, I need to have the two days off a week to keep my level of sanity. We decided to check out the Warhol exhibit at the National Czech & Slovak Museum & Library. The museum has 20 prints on display along with history of Andy Warhol’s life. By chance we ended up at the museum an hour before the presentation by University of Iowa art history professor Craig Adcock. After touring the museum we sat in on his presentation. I found it interesting how Warhol’s work fit into art history and the controversy of his work as to what defines things as art. I loved the colors in his prints, they are very vibrant. One I especially liked was titled “Love”.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home