Thursday, February 08, 2007

Adapting to the cold weather.

The car wasn't working this morning. I think the cold temperatures have finally taken it's toll on it. I tried for a half hour to get it started, then the battery gave out.

Daryl had already left for work. He will work his first shift until 2:30 pm, take a hour break and head back to work a second shift. I ended up taking the bus. I haven't been on the city bus since maybe 1984. It really was pretty easy. I bus picked me up on the opposite side in front of my house and I ended up getting off a half of a block from work. I think the route home will be fairly the same. I may have to walk a couple of blocks. Now that I have tried riding, I may have to start doing it more often. It really is pretty convenient for me, as long as I'm heading straight for home after work.






What I'm listening to: The Black Eyed Peas






What we are reading in our bookclub:

Honeymoon With My Brother


My bookclub is tonight. I'm not sure I'm going to make it since the car is dead. I have already called two people for a ride and neither one of them are going tonight. It must not be my day for traveling.

1 Comments:

Blogger Darth Gateau said...

just think how much you're reducing your carbon footprint by taking the bus.
ooh - get me! Being all environmentally friendly!

6:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home