Friday, February 09, 2007

T.G.I.F.

I intended to ride the bus home yesterday, but the weather seemed nice so I decided to walk home. I wasn't sure how long it would take me, so I followed close to the bus route as to be able to catch it if I needed to. It only took me around 40 minutes to get home. After I was home I checked the temperature and it was around 6° F. It's kind of strange when that feels like nice weather! I had a really nice walk home listening to music on my Ipod.

Dr. Jeff called me today and asked if I wanted to go to The Phantom Of The Opera this weekend in Des Moines if his husband isn't better. The flu has been going around this week. Jeff became sick the night everyone went to the Producers. He has had walking pneumonia this past week. Iowa is listed as widespread for the flu. This is the second time I have been exposed to this bug. I have my fingers crossed that I won't get it. Everyone says it's nasty little bugger.

I called Jeff's man his husband. I never really know how to refer to gay people's significant other, especially after they have been together a while. Boyfriend sound like they are just daiting and haven't been together very long and husband sounds like they are married even when then aren't. I refer to Daryl as my partner for lack of a better word. I guess I'm going to stick with using that until I find something different to use.




What I'm listening to: Pink

2 Comments:

Blogger Scott in Iowa said...

Good for you, turning your car issues into a positive. You can now have that extra cookie after dinner tonight. :-)

7:05 PM  
Blogger Darth Gateau said...

I never know what to call the other half either. Boyfriend sounds like I'm a teenage girl with a crush, partner sounds formal and politically correct. Husband? I'm not sure as we haven't exchanged vows or signed on the line yet (despite being together for 10 years).
Should we invent a new word?

9:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home