Friday, March 09, 2007


This is my week in review:

They reduced our department by 3 people. I considered volunteering to go to another department. I wanted to go to a 9 to 5:30 shift, but it didn't work out, so I'm staying put where I'm at. I really thought If I could switch to a later hour, maybe I could work out in the morning.This shift I'm on now sure isn't getting me off my butt to exercise.

Thursday Dr. Jeff gave me my annual eye exam. I have to go with a more mature (bifocals) prescription . I have been having one heck of a time seeing things properly as I'm looking into a microscope all day. Today has been the first day this week that I haven't left work without a pounding head.

We also had our book club meeting Thursday night at the Sushi House. The book we read last month was Snow Flower and the Secret Fan . I just picked up the book last Sunday and had to do some fast reading. It wouldn't have been so bad if I didn't have the headaches all week. I liked the book and rated it a 7 out of 10 for a score. Jeff and I thought that we wouldn't like this "chick" book that the girls picked out when we were not around for the last meeting. We like to gay it up a bit with some books we would like to read. Sometimes we can sway things our way. It was a surprise to me that I liked it and Jeff rated it a point higher than I did. The food at the Sushi house was great as always. If you haven't been there I would recommend checking it out.

I had a phone call from another friend of mine with a problem. He had recently started living with his in the closet lover. He was really upset at his boyfriend when he came home, because a lot of his stuff was put into hiding. His boyfriend ungay the apartment! One of his straight friends was coming for a visit this weekend and for some odd reason unknown to us, he doesn't know he's gay. My friend was going out of town this weekend on a business trip and his boyfriend thought he could just hide his stuff and no one would know the difference. I felt sorry for my friend as he really loves this guy, but he is really getting tired of the closet. After a lot of crying, they seemed to come to a compromise this time. I'm sure it will come up again in the near future if they don't work this out. I understand both sides to the issue. The fear of the boyfriend that isn't out and my friend side too. It's just something we all have to deal with. I hope they can find a way out of this issue.

Daryl became a grandpa again this week. Babies are so cute! I haven't made it to see the baby yet, but Daryl took plenty of pictures. Sixty-three pictures to be exact, so I have an idea of what the baby looks like. I haven't seen Daryl for most of the week. He has worked a couple of double shifts and nights this week. The few minutes that I have seen him he has been really grumpy and so I'm not really missing him that much. It should all straighten out this weekend after he gets his rest and gets back on schedule.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home