Thursday, February 22, 2007

LAZY BOY

This week has been one of those uneventful weeks that feels as if all I have accomplished is to go back and forth from home to work. I feel lazy, lazy, lazy. The truth is I AM LAZY and unmotivated outside of work. How am I going to get out of this slump? I have turned into a couch potato and that is completely the opposite of what I had in my plan for this year. I went back and copied my plan again so I can remind myself of what I am suppose to be doing this year. I have already lost two months of training and If I don't get motivated soon I will not be able to complete these goals. How does everyone else get motivated and stay on track?


My Goals:

Rejoin the gym - Rockwell Collins has a fitness center and it's very cheap for employees. I need to get my ass back there and start getting into shape. I am a very good biker. I love it, and have no problem training to ride. This year I want to start running. I will need the gym to start training to run long distances. It will just take me a couple of months to get back into shape, before can even think about running distances.

RAGBRAI - Last year I did it and loved most of it, meaning all but 2 days. Most people say it is a big party and they talk about that. I love the ride. There is nothing better than starting out in the mornings and riding. Iowa is really beautiful on a bike.

Freedom Festival Run - This will be my first race. I have given myself 1/2 a year to train so I should be able to do it. If not I'm a loser. Alliant Energy sponsors this 8k, 5k race. I plan to run the 5k.

Las Vegas Marathon - No, I am not that crazy to think I will be able to run a whole marathon! I should be able to 5k or who knows, maybe more. This race is in December of 2007 giving me plenty of time to train.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home