Friday, April 27, 2007

taxes increased again




Recently we received a letter from the city assessors office telling us that the assessed value of our property has risen. This is the second time in the last 4 years that values have been changed. Our value was increased by 8% from the last assessment.

Last night I cruised the cities assessor's web page looking at the value of the homes around us to see if were being screwed on our taxes. One new thing I noticed is that they have the owners names on the web site now. I have to admit that I checked out everyone on the streets around me and the assessed value of their property. It was kind of nice matching up the names with the faces of the people I see in the neighborhood all the time. I am really bad at remembering names, so this web site may come in handy someday. I'm not sure yet if it is a good thing to have this information out for everyone to see or not, especially with the way things are today with people stalking other people and things of that nature. It may have been available if you went to the assessors office, so maybe it's no big deal. I just think it may not be wise to give the crazy people any help finding you.
My personal save the planet program is working really well for me. This week it's the bus in the morning and a walk home at night. The rain all week hasn't been a problem as long as I remember to bring an umbrella.
Good news on my health. My cholesterol has come down to 201. That's still on a high side as it should be 200 or lower. Compared to a year ago when I was over 300, I think I'm doing well considering I'm off the cholesterol lowering medication. The doctor said if I lose some more weight it would make him happy. It would make me happy too!

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott in Iowa said...

Hey Tom, nice going on your "save the earth" program. That alone will do the environment AND your health some good! The house is looking GREAT! I love what you did with the yard. Keep up the great work!

6:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home