Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday 2007


Black Friday

I am once again boycotting Black Friday. I refuse to spend any money on this day. I’m sure some people enjoy running around trying to find a bargain. My feeling is, if you have to stand in line for 12 hours or more to save a couple hundred dollars on a $1600 flat screen TV. Maybe, you really shouldn’t be buying that TV in the first place. And hell, if you just wait a few weeks, you will probably get the same deal after they put the item on sale after Christmas, avoiding the mess of killing someone to get it. I know fighting people in lines to get the best material things is what people think Christmas is about, but I would rather not deal with all the pushing and shoving that happens every year and just sit at home and spend my time relaxing. Call me crazy!


Turkey Day

Yesterday, Daryl and I did the two family events. First we went to my sister Joanne’s house for dinner. About ½ of the family was there. That includes my parents, brothers, sisters, their kids and some of their kids. About 45 people this year. It was nice getting together again as I don’t see everyone that often anymore. Everyone has busy lives and it takes a major event to get my large family together. Some I see at Thanksgiving and some at Christmas. You never know who will show up. We had the usually turkey dinner with all the fixings laid out buffet style. I did really well with not over eating this year. Yea, for me!

Next it was off to Daryl’s parents, a smaller group of 10 people. Once again the usually turkey dinner and all the fixings. Daryl’s parents had a bar in Vinton, Iowa for sixteen years and his sister brought a film for us to watch of the closing night of their business in 1993. It was hilarious watching it and seeing how everyone had changed in fourteen years. His sister has lost 100 pounds since then and Daryl was sporting a beard and slicked back hair. He appeared to have spent most of that night dancing with all the ladies. Wow, how times have changed. Just imagine how our lives would have been if both of us had remained closeted.


I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving! Don’t shop too hard today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home