Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Ice, Ice and More Ice







The storm coated everything with a thick layer of ice. I think it looks very beautiful. To bad it is so very destructive to the trees in an older neighborhood. I was glad that when I got home I didn’t find any branches in our yard or driveway

We lost power for about 6 hours. Most of that time I was at work and it didn’t affect me very much, because we never lose power at work. After getting home from work, I helped our neighbors with clearing some of the ice off their sidewalks. They had our half of the driveway cleared off and I thought that was super nice of them to help us like that. When I finally got back inside to the dark house, found the flashlight, candles and the matches, the power came back on. Perfect timing!

Daryl has been off on his annual family deer hunting event. Normally he would have been home every night, but with the icy weather, he has been staying with his parents. He got his deer on Monday. They hunt all week until they get the total number of deer for the tags they have. As of today, they still have four tags left. I'm not sure how they get around so well with all this ice all over the ground.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home