Saturday, December 15, 2007

the 15th of December


The snow has started to fall again this morning. At least it isn't ice. Last night I got the SUV stuck in the driveway, that is until I put it in 4 wheel drive. We have this big ice hump at the end of the driveway. The snow plow always piles everything back up after you clear it off. This last week, with the ice we never did get it completely cleared. Now we will have snow on top of it again.



We picked up our living room furniture last night. I found this set on the buy and sell sight at work. This guy was getting a divorce and moving to a new house and needed to part with his leather furniture. It turns out his house was right across the street from my friend Jeff's house. I think this furniture fits our living room a lot better. The other furniture we had is really too big for the room. Now we have to find someone to buy the other set.


Book Club:


Book club meeting was held at Danial Arthur's on 3rd Ave Thursday night. The food was great, but the service kind of was slow. I think when they automatically add the gratuity the server doesn't seem to work as hard. Why would they when they know they are going to receive a tip no matter what they do? The service wasn't that big of deal, as we had a good time exchanging books for Christmas and discussing next years plans.

The Christmas Train received a 2.4 rating from us. We try to pick a holiday themed book to read, but it seems that we struck out again with this one.

3 Comments:

Blogger Scott in Iowa said...

I love the new furniture, Tom!
Nice.

2:52 PM  
Blogger Marc Acito said...

I found your blog through Hot Toddy's Toaster Oven. As a published gay author, I get requests to blurb a number of books throughout the year. Among the best gay books of late that I can recommend to your book club are "Selfish & Perverse" by Bob Smith, and "Swish" by Joel Derfler (comes out in May). Let me know what you think of them.

7:40 PM  
Blogger Tom said...

Thanks for stopping by marc acito and for the book suggestions. I'll check them out!

3:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home