Saturday, February 17, 2007

Pug

We lost one of our dogs yesterday. Pug passed away sometime while we were both at work. Daryl had pug for 15 going on 16 years. He really was Daryl's dog in every way, always waiting by the door for Daryl to return and would never be more than a few steps away from him when he was home. Even though his death was expected after this week of medical problems, Daryl is still taking his death pretty hard.

When I first met Daryl and his pets, Pug wasn't too excited to meet me. He actually sat next to my feet growling at me. Daryl said he new I was the one for him because Pug was really jealous of me and he had never reacted that way with anyone else.. It didn't take Pug long to warm up to me, he was really just a gentle dog who was the number one fan of his master Daryl. It feels really strange without him this morning. The little senior citizen will be missed.




Pug in the camper last year. He loved being outside and going camping.







Cinder and Pug last spring after we finished the patio.



2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh, so sad to lose a pet, and cinder is going to be really sad for some time, they become just like your kids, my sympathy to both of you and cinder...

6:14 PM  
Blogger Matt said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. Our dogs really are our kids, and it's sad to see them grow older and slow down.

My sympathies.

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home