Thursday, June 14, 2007

Daryl's test results


Tuesday Daryl found out from the doctor that he needs to have surgery on his back. He has to have spinal fusion back surgery. He went to the doctor by himself. I think when they mentioned surgery he stopped listening. I kind of feel bad that I didn't go along with him for the appointment. They always say that you should have someone else along to listen. I didn't take off work because we have been short of people, half our department is on vacation. We had scheduled our vacation for next week as we were suppose to be going to Chicago and I had to cover for the people being gone this week. I will still be taking a few days off, but the trip is canceled because of this surgery coming up. Hopefully, they will schedule his surgery this week as I already have it off if I want to use it.
We are waiting today for news on the Daryl's latest test. He has an enlarged lymph node and the surgeon sent him to our primary doctor. Our doctor ordered an ultrasound this week. We are waiting on that result to see if everything is a go for his back surgery.
The surgeon said that Daryl will spend a night in the hospital after the surgery and be off of work for six weeks. He should be feeling better in about a week after the surgery, but will be restricted from lifting our doing any kind of strenuous activities. I guess that wild sex if off for a bit! :)
Pictured above is the Yukka plant that bloomed this week. It is next to our Iowa Cactus.

1 Comments:

Blogger Scott in Iowa said...

Wow. All my best to Daryl. I hope everything works out for the best.

12:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home